The Worst Day EVER!!!

Posted by Doodface

Monday, July 28, 2008


God, today was pure hell. You would not BELIEVE the day I had!

It started as soon as I woke up. My atomic alarm clock played the WRONG mp3 for my alarm! How am I supposed to start my day without the theme from Rocky getting my blood flowing!?!

Then I go to step in the shower, and the shower CD player's volume won't go high enough. AGAIN, I am denied my motivational music being delivered to me properly. I had to bathe with barely audible "Eye of the Tiger" playing! More like eye of the 3-toed sloth, right? RIGHT?

After my shower, I get dressed, and head out to the kitchen. The automatic timer on the coffee maker was set to PM instead of AM! I actually had to PRESS the "Brew" button, and WAIT 4 minutes!!

I should just go back to bed.

I gather up my PDA phone and MP3 player, and get on my way to work. I try to make a call using my car's bluetooth, and it's telling me it can't find my phone!! WHAT THE FUCK??? IT'S IN MY POCKET! How am I supposed to live like this? So after I turn on bluetooth on my phone, it FINALLY connects properly. THEN I tell it; "Call Work". What do you think it does? It responds with "Calling Mark"!! DAMMIT!!!! So at this point, I actually have to take my phone OUT OF MY POCKET, and select which contact to dial. Infuriating.

I plug in the MP3 player to my car's USB port, so that I can continue listening to the audio book that I have been enjoying. Well wouldn't you know it, after I plug it in, and it synchronizes with my car, it can't find the book files. So now I can't even listen to a book on the way to work (what, like I have time to READ??). So now I am stuck with the choices of the other 1000 songs on the MP3 player, Satellite Radio, or plain old radio. Shit.

I pull out my phone on the way to work to check e-mail, see what the weather will be like, and see if there are any new blog posts. It is so goddamned slow that you would think I was on a GPRS connection, and not 3G! GPRS - ha, imagine that!

I finally make it to work, after my GPS tries to get me around traffic. YES, I avoided all of the traffic associated with that wreck on I-85, but I had to go through like 3 stop signs!! What a peice of crap.

When I get in to my office, for some reason, my computer had shut down over the weekend. So now I have to sit there and wait for it to boot (there's 15 seconds of my life I will never get back!!). After it FINALLY boots up, I have to wait as my anti-virus, anti-spam, firewall, and e-mail update. This is normally done all the time, but since it had been shutdown, I had to wait while it caught up. This is just getting ridiculous!! So while it is updating, I continue to work (but at a slightly slower pace, since the computer is BUSY doing other things).

After e-mail updates, I see that the automated spam filter is really dropping the ball. I had to MANUALLY delete like 20 messages from my inbox! Again, 15 seconds of my life; GONE.

After 8 hours of similiar frustrations at work, I finally am off the clock, and on my way to the gym. I grab my MP3 player, and head in to do some cardio. A mere 45 minutes in, the MP3 player dies!! RIGHT in the middle of "You’re The Best"!! I JUST had it on the charger 3 days ago, WTF?? So I have to finish my workout listening to the shitty radio they play at the gym. And you guessed it, not ONCE did they play "eye of the tiger". Tragedy.

After I get home from the gym, I sit down to watch some TV. I grab my Logitech Universal Remote, and turn everything on. On this remote, I am supposed to press one button, and the TV turns on, the Sound is un-muted, and the Tivo is set to the main screen. Well, the surround-sound system didn't automatically unmute. I have to hold my arm like 3 FEET to the left to get it to unmute. Shouldn't this $350 remote be able to send signals AROUND the couch and laundry basket?

So now the TV is on and ready to go. I know that my favorite show was recorded last night, so I pull up the Tivo list. HOLY SHIT. It didn't record last night's "Deadliest Catch"!! Apparently, I had scheduled 2 other shows at the same time, and it recorded those instead!! So now I either have to go download the show (which would take like 10 minutes!!), or wait until it repeats tonight at midnight.

Fuck it.

What an infuriating day! I cannot imagine having it any worse. I am sure you are sympathetic though. Thanks for your prayers!

2 comments:

E said...

I feel your pain. Sometimes life can be so inconvenient. If I want to turn my tv off while I'm in bed, my remote makes me SIT ALL THE WAY UP. I thought this modern world was all about convenience.

Bonez said...

Yeah, but you never have had to walk twelve miles barefoot in the snow to work after getting up at three a.m. to milk the two dozen she goats like I did when I was your age. All that with only one of those shitty Walkmans with the big heavy ass headphones to keep me company. You spoiled brats.